Drone captures sea of fans celebrating in Buenos Aires after Argentina's World Cup win
- The Guardian
Ecstatic fans celebrate Argentina's historic win over France at the iconic Obelisk in Buenos Aires, chanting and hugging one other.
The streets filled with a carnivalesque cacophony of cheers, car horns, cumbia music and bullhorns; people started impromptu drumming bands with upturned paint buckets and cans while slabs of beef grilled on the asados (barbecues), its scent filling the air of a brilliant sunny afternoon.
Website ► https://www.theguardian.com
Subscribe to Guardian Football click here
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
- Women's NCAA roundup: No. 9 Miami stuns No. 1 Indiana
- Cameron Diaz 'is unlikely to return to Hollywood'
- Amanda Bynes 'placed on a psychiatric hold'
- Julia Fox loved catching mice as a child
- Tom Brady focuses on his kids after retirement
- Ed Cooley leaves Providence for Georgetown post
- ‘9-1-1’: Peter Krause on Telling Wendell’s Story & Bobby ‘In the Thick’ of Action Near End of Season 6
- 3 Signs It’s Time to Break Up With Your Car Insurance Company
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.